...

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Luke | A Newborn Shoot

Last week, I packed up my little family and headed down to Auburn to visit my best friend from high school - Sarah - and her little family with their new addition Luke. (Milo is in love with Anna. He pretty much toddled after her wherever she went. It was so cute to see how smitten he was with her!) My mom came along for the ride to play with the littles - moms are the best! I'm so so so grateful for mine - while we went on location to grab a few newborn and family photos in the humid Nebraskan heat. It may look overcast, but don't let that fool you - we were all sweating at the end.

We captured some sweet moments at a nearby park and then headed back to try out a more lifestyle shoot with stunningly intimate results. I love how close and personal they feel, all cozied up on Anna's bed with natural light on either side, Anna's art on the wall in the back and a beautiful old mirror making the room look larger and airier. It was the perfect spot to tell a new story of their love for baby Luke and their love for one another.

Congratulations, Sarah and Andy! We're so happy for you and I'm so grateful to get to meet your new little man.

Share & Pin away...








a girl & her daddy
this pretty much perfectly sums up Anna & Andy




a nursing portrait
As a fellow nursing mama, I love how vulnerable and sweet this photo is. We spend a lot of our day in this position, providing our littles with not only nourishment, but love, security, and comfort. I hope I can continue meeting and documenting mamas who want to remember taking care of their bairns this way.





No comments:

Post a Comment